Friday, August 19, 2005

Something to kick this off again

I don't know why it is so difficult to keep something like this going. I have about 8 different posts which I began, but never completed about various topics in the news. Like why I think iTunes enabled phones won't ever really take off (hint: battery life) and whether or not we should open the H1-B visa program to every brainiac from a foreign country (if it leads to growing innovation and an increased desire for American goods, then why not?). But those never got anywhere.

So, instead, I'm just going to turn this into something of a journal site, since that accomplishes the dual purpose of continuing to foster the writer within and to keep track of things which might be important to me. So, without further ado, the life and times of ME!

-------------------------------------

I'm disappointed that the summer soccer season is over. For a change, we were not the last place team. Not much of an honor, but for our ragged bunch of misfits, it wasn't bad. We got some help from some Latinos in the backfield and I had a great time playing in the 95+ heat of the East coast summer. And there is nothing better to counteract the time spent sitting behind a desk arguing over how something is going to get done. I did get to score a few goals, which made the season that much sweeter, along with providing a few beautiful bruises on each knee. We even made it into the playoffs to the semifinal match, due to a lucky game against the first place team. Hopefully fall season will offer some new challenges.

Other than that, there are no major events going on this summer. We are preparing for #1's entry into first grade and #2's potty-training. I can't wait to get rid of diapers again.

No comments: